Supra DC summer menu includes Georgian sampling plates and larger, sharing dishes
Summer is here and Georgian restaurant Supra has opened up its 40-seat patio and is debuting a new summer menu featuring produce from Path Valley Farms in Pennsylvania. The season is a bounty at Supra, thanks to fresh offerings, including the Satatsuri Salad, a grilled asparagus, cucumber, arugula, sunflower seeds, and creamy gouda dressing delight. Roasted Vegetables Saidumio are are a mix of grilled red and yellow peppers, eggplant and minted khacho.
As part of the summer selections Soup Tsivi, is offered. The chilled yogurt soup, made with cucumber, beet, radish, and fresh herbs is a traditional offering just right for D.C.’s hot summer. The summer salads are priced at $10 and the chilled soup is $7.
These summer dishes are being added to the menu beginning July 3:
- A stuffed grape leaf dish called Bostneuli Tolma;
- duck breast with peach and fennel salad called Ikhvi;
- a new seasonal vegetable preparation of Supra’s traditional vegetable pâté balls;
- Pkhali, which will now be made with local carrots in addition to beets;
- Chicken Makvalshi, a half chicken with blackberry sauce;
- Beef Tarkhunit with tarragon ajika (house-made Georgian chili and herb paste); and
- Grilled Bostneuli Platter, a grilled vegetable dish.
These Supra additions are priced from $8 to $26. The Beef Tarkhunit and Grilled Bostneuli Platter are larger plates meant to be shared. Be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to closing to be seated in the lovely, outdoor patio.
New summer wines include Dilao Rkatsiteli-Mtsvane, a light amber blend, and Schuchmann Dahlia Rosé, a Georgian rosé.
Supra Patio Hours:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 5:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Supra, 1205 11th Street Northwest, Washington, D.C. 20001
Photo credit: Savor PR