D.C. Cocktail week 2018 by RAMW (Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington) brings plenty of food-drink pairing experiences to imbibers and foodies across the Washington, D.C. area with several high-profile restaurants participating during the week-long event November 12-18. Delicious bites will abound as talented bartenders, mixologists and chefs team up to use the event to welcome the autumn season. At Indique, the Gin and Tonic will be paired with Bhel Puri Chaat for $8 per pairing per person. At Farmers Fishers Bakers, a Negroni Spritzer accompanies the Margarita Pizza for a tasty pairing at $13 per person.
At Commissary in Logan Circle, you may start seeing sugar plums dancing in your head. The neighborhood gem will offer a Sugar Plum Fairy cocktail, prepared with Red Plum Infused Bourbon, sugar & spice syrup, lemon and brown sugar, paired with a Butternut Squash Tart—caramelized onions, goat cheese, fried sage for a mere $16 pairing per person.
What happens when you combine Joe Magnus Bourbon from the local distillery, Luxardo Triplum, Angostura bitters, house cinnamon bitters and sparkling wine? The answer is the Logan Libation, of course, at The Pig, a Logan Circle fave. Its featured cocktail is being paired with Apple Cider Braised Pork Belly Bites, tossed in a bourbon-anjou pear gastrique. Enjoy this special D.C. Cocktail Week pairing for $16 per person.
At Royal in Shaw, there’s a tribute to autumn and Columbia: The Decadence Club—aguardiente, an anise-flavored Colombian spirit made from sugar cane, is mixed with gin, pineapple, clove, lemon, cream and cane sugar. The cocktail is garnished with a delicate garnish of dehydrated pineapple drizzled and jalapeno-chocolate ganache finishes this creation off. The D.C. Cocktail Week pairing takes Chef Cable Smith’s flavorful Pork Croquette with pineapple salsa, pickled chilies & herbs, and matches it up with The Decadence Club for $14 per pairing per person. Enjoy this cocktail after 4 p.m. onward and during dinner service.
The Dish & Dram in Kensington, Md. is well-known for its consistency in great food and drinks. For D.C. Cocktail Week, the Persimmon Perfection is exactly what one would expect. Catoctin Creek Rye, Applejack Brandy and a housemade persimmon preserve are combined to send the evening into relaxation mode. To finish it off, it’s garnished with a cinnamon stick stirrer. The Dish & Dram will pair the cocktail with Smoked ‘Ndjua during D.C. Cocktail Week with Persimmon Preserve for $18 per pairing per person.
Below is a hefty list of D.C. Cocktail Week participants and check out the full guide at RAMW’s event website.
- Alhambra, Downtown, D.C. (Golden Triangle)
- Allegory, Downtown D.C.
- America Eats Tavern, Georgetown, D.C.
- Baba Clarendon, Arlington, Va.
- Charlie Palmer Steak, Capitol Hill, D.C.
- China Chilcano, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Circa, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- City Perch Kitchen + Bar, North Bethesda, Md.
- City Winery, Ivy City, D.C.
- Colada Shop, Logan Circle, D.C.
- Commissary, Logan Circle, D.C.
- DBGB, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- The Dish & Dram, Kensington, Md.
- District Commons, Foggy Bottom, D.C.
- Doi Moi, 14th Street, Northwest, D.C.
- Eat Bar, Barracks Row, D.C.
- Farmers & Distillers, Mount Vernon Square, D.C.
- Farmers Fishers Bakers, Georgetown, D.C.
- Fig & Olive, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Fish byJosé Andrés, MGM National Harbor, Md.
- Founding Farmers, Foggy Bottom, D.C.
- Hard Rock Cafe, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Hawk ‘n’ Dove, Capitol Hill, D.C.
- Hill Country, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Iron Gate, Dupont Circle, D.C.
- Indique, Cleveland Park, D.C.
- Jaleo by , Bethesda, Md.
- Jaleo by José Andrés, Bethesda, Md.
- Jaleo by José Andrés, Crystal City, Va.
- Jaleo by José Andrés, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Karma Modern Indian, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Lobby Bar, MGM National Harbor, Md.
- Lola’s, Capitol Hill, D.C.
- Martin’s Tavern, Georgetown, D.C.
- Matchbox, 14th Street, D.C.
- Matchbox, Capitol Hill, D.C.
- Matchbox, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Matchbox, Pentagon City, Va.
- Matchbox, Rockville, Md.
- Mi Vida, District Wharf, D.C.
- Nazca Mochica, Dupont Circle, D.C. (Golden Triangle)
- Not Your Average Joe’s, Woodbridge, Va.
- Ocean Prime, Downtown, D.C.
- Orchid, Capitol Hill, D.C.
- Oyamel Cocina Mexicana, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Oz, Clarendon, Arlington, Va.
- The Park, Downtown D.C.
- The Partisan, Downtown D.C.
- Penn Commons, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- The Pig, Logan Circle, D.C.
- Rosa Mexicano, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Royal, Shaw, D.C.
- Silver, Cleveland Park, D.C.
- Slate Wine Bar & Bistro, Georgetown/Glover Park
- The Source, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Stable, H St./Atlas District, D.C.
- Succotash, Penn Quarter, D.C.
- Tredici Enoteca, Dupont Circle, D.C. (Golden Triangle)
- Unconventional Diner, Shaw, D.C.
- Voltaggio Brothers Steakhouse, MGM National Harbor, Md.
- Whaley’s, Capitol Riverfront, D.C.
- Wild Days, Downtown D.C.
- Zatinya, Penn Quarter, D.C.
Photo credit: RAMW (featured, inline bottom), Indique (inline top)
Tags: #dccw18 #dccw #dccocktailweek #ramwdc