Newest Circa unit on the Capitol Riverfront is No. 4
The newest location of Circa, a restaurant concept from Metropolitan Hospitality Group (MHG), will debut Monday at Navy Yard, Washington, D.C. The 4 p.m. opening February 11 is one of two unveilings for MHG, a locally-owned restaurant group, in this popular riverside neighborhood. Skanska USA’s stylish 99M commercial project will also welcome Él Bebe, a tacos and tequila concept from MHG that is opening this winter right next door to Circa.
MHG’s Circa has other locations in the D.C. area, including restaurants in Chinatown, Foggy Bottom and in Clarendon, Arlington, Va.
MHG announced that local brewery Atlas Brew Works will be on tap, as with all Circa locations, and featured at Navy Yard will be the Atlas Tropic Thunder IPA, a light, dry-hopped IPA with pineapple and passionfruit aromas. Circa at Navy Yard will also feature custom artwork by Miami-based Miguel Paredes, a pop artist who is also known for his multimedia artistry and colorful graffiti-inspired creations, including murals and statues.
Paredes’ inspiration will give the restaurant flair and international inspiration. The artist, who has been tapped previously by Disney Underground and the Latin Grammy Awards, will give the restaurant flair and a cozy, yet international appeal.
Drinks tend to flow in the popular Navy Yard area. Circa will join several popular, social gathering places, including Mission Navy Yard, Rasa Grill, The Salt Line, and District Winery. Circa’s cocktail menu will have broad appeal and include the following featured libations:
- Maple Old Fashioned is described as a blend of redemption rye whiskey, maple syrup, Fee Brothers aromatic bitters, and Angostura orange bitters, which is aged in white oak barrels for three weeks
- An oasis to be enjoyed and a signature, Navy Yard exclusive: Docked In The Tropics is a concoction made with Don Q Cristal Rum, grapefruit, orgeat, and Angostura bitters
- Treat Yo’ Self is a non-alcoholic drink featuring turmeric, carrot, orange, pineapple, mango, lime, and ginger beer
MHG Culinary Director Mike Huff is keeping the experience elevated and globally-inspired with a menu that includes these soon-to-be faves, as described by Circa:
- Brussels + Blue: sautéed Brussels sprouts, applewood smoked bacon, balsamic glaze, and blue cheese crumbles
- Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps: marinated short rib, bibb lettuce, sticky rice, kimchi aioli, and chopped peanuts
- Tuna Poke Nachos: sesame ginger marinade, wasabi avocado cream, tobiko, pickled ginger aioli, wonton chips, roasted nori and sesame seeds
- Dark Chocolate Torte, made with Gran Marnier crème anglaise, Luxardo cherry syrup, chocolate pearls and whipped cream, is a new signature dessert exclusive to the Navy Yard location
“We’re excited to open up our doors and officially join the Navy Yard community,” said Matthew Carlin, MHG president “The proximity to the baseball stadium and the metro make this location a great place for neighborhood dining and happy hour, business meetings, pre-game drinks, and brunch with family and friends.”
McCaferry Interests, a local, residential developer, has suggested that Navy Yard will be home to 9,000 new, residential units. Circa at Navy Yard, the concept’s fourth unit, is open daily at 4 p.m. for dinner. And a teaser for Navy Yard residents and work commuters: Brunch and lunch will follow soon.
Get more informaton on the menu at https://www.circabistros.com/location/navy-yard/
Circa, 99 M Street Southeast, Suite 100, Washington, D.C. 20003
Photo credit: Circa
About the publisher.