Second Buffalo and Bergen location opens December 6
Buffalo and Bergen will open another location in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. Mixtress Gina Chersevani is expanding her franchise with an official opening Friday, December 6. It’s a “drinkery-dinette.” And why wouldn’t it be? Chersevani’s reputation precedes her, so we should expect inventive cocktails will be slung all day long. Initially, the location will open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., later expanding its hours for dinner service and evening cocktails.
The Capitol Hill Buffalo and Bergen will be “chic style and old-fashioned charm wrapped in a pretty new package and tied with a bow,” according to an emailed announcement. Chersevani tapped Edit Lab for a design that was true to new space’s distinctiveness and pedigree. The compact space features counter spots and tables to produce an environment conducive to socializing and mingling.
The restaurant’s team further describes the space this way: “A palette of creamy whites and seafoam green accent scalloped molding, nine button-style stools, and other polished interpretations of period décor. The black-and-white tiled flooring and vintage lighting brightly complement the cheery retro atmosphere.”
Capitol Hill Buffalo and Bergen menu
Guests can check out the latest Buffalo and Bergen for breakfast, lunch and that daytime drink when it’s needed. Here are some of the lunch items that will be offered:
- Hasidic Tiger Mom Sandwich satisfies a hearty appetite with roast beef and a house-made Tiger Slaw on a marble rye bagel for $10.25.
- Cheezus has Risen is a combination of double-cream brie, smoked Gouda and cheddar for $8.25.
- Live, Love Latkes features hot house-made Latkes served with crème fraiche,mascarpone and bourbon Granny Smith apple sauce for $8.00.
The new spot will have original Buffalo and Bergen faves. The ever-popular Lox’d & Loaded, which is Chersevani’s award-winning Bloody Mary garnished with a mini Everything Bagel stuffed with Lox, cream cheese, capers, and red onion. A morning stop will reward you with breakfast bagels, in the fashion had in New York. Old Bay with Black Sesame and French Toast is a bagel that reflects Chersevani’s fancy.
To further draw guests in, there’s a nostalic selection of fountain soda cocktails featuring Apple flavor:
- Ima Readin’ Rainbow features Lemon-Infused Sipsmith Gin, cranberry sage, lemon, and Granny Smith aplle foam
- Chinatown to Chinatown presents a compelling blend of Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Gala apple, ginger, lemon, and five spice, finished off with a fortune cookie as garnish
Capitol Hill Buffalo and Bergen, 240 Massachusetts Avenue Northeast, Washington, D.C. 20002
Photo credit: Simoneink
About the publisher.